Celebrate Independent Retailer Month this July! This month puts a focus on the importance of supporting local small businesses.
Seaside Retailer gives these ideas for rewarding your loyal customers during Independent Retailer Month:
- Bonus bucks: Give customers a $1 coupon for every $10 they spend in your store during the month. Make the coupon redeemable the following month.
- Happy hour: Offer red, white and blue cookies/cupcakes with refreshments to promote the ‘independent’ touch. You could also contact an independent restaurant to partner and provide some light bites.
- Badges: Create campaign buttons for your staff to wear with the message: “Proud to be independent.”
- In-store event: Bring your community together by hosting an Independent Retailer Month kick-off event, in-store gathering and/or special promotion to celebrate your customers and local supporters.
- Meet and greet: Invite your customers to meet brand owners/representatives to your store.
- Beauty treats: Team up with an independent salon/spa in your community and offer customers in-store pampering.
- Goodie bags: Give with certain purchases or to new customers.
- Community talent: Support local designers, artists and/or DJ’s by hosting a joint in-store activity.
- Run a contest: Offer the chance for one lucky winner and friends to have a private shopping party.
- Shopping crawl: Team up with neighboring independent retailers to host a shopping crawl providing a map and prizes for participants.
- Drop and shop: Invite customers to donate lightly worn clothing/shoes in-store for a local cause and receive an exclusive deal in-store that day.
- Charity giving: Offer to donate 10% of the purchase price for each customer to a local community charity.
- Check-in deals: Offer every shopper that “checks in” or tags to your store on social media an exclusive promotion in store.
- Online coupons: Offer exclusive promotions on your website that are redeemable in store only.
- Media outreach: Proudly promote your involvement with Independent Retailer Month to your local magazines, blogs, TV and influencers to receive coverage and help attract more customers.
And of course promote on social! If you need help with social media ideas, check out these campaigns already created for you on Promoboxx.