National Small Business Week is celebrated during the first week of May every year and takes place from May 1 to 7 this year.
This week we are celebrating all of the small businesses out there and their owners!
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEK
- Inspire your audience with actionable ways to support small businesses
- Share your own small business journey
- Create a video in honor of National Small Business Week
- Say thanks to the people who’ve supported you
- Partner with another small business
WHY NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEK IS IMPORTANT
- It honors the high performers- Any small business that has managed to sustain itself during the first year is already doing better than most. Being among the top-performing businesses is an achievement that should not go unpraised. This week provides the perfect stage to honor these tough guys.
- Greater awareness is needed- Small businesses have contributed significantly to the U.S. economy by generating wealth and creating employment. Small businesses have reported creating 1.5 million jobs every year. Creating awareness about these small businesses helps to keep their employees’ jobs secure.
- They contribute to the community- These small businesses support the local economy of towns and small cities by not only creating jobs but also by fulfilling the demands of the people living in these towns. They see a gap in the market in their community and try to fill it with what is needed.
Looking for social posts already created for Small Business Week? Check out the Promoboxx campaigns we have created here.
(Via National Today)