We’ve put together some basic guidelines to running a successful promotion or giveaway. Each promotion will be executed slightly differently, but if you follow these suggestions, you’ll improve the success of your promotion.
– Activate your promotion
– Launch promotion-specific ads
– Share on your social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
– Post promotion details to your blog
– Send announcement email to your subscriber base
– Ask employees, friends, and family to share promotion
3-Days Left Reminder
– Share 3-day reminder to the social networks
– Include 3-day reminder in your blog post
– Send 3-day reminder email to your subscriber base
2-Days Left Reminder (optional)
– Share 2-day reminder to the social networks
– Include 2-day reminder in your blog post
– Send 2-day reminder email to your subscriber base
– Share last-day reminder to the social networks
– Include last-day reminder in your blog post
– Send last-day reminder email to your subscriber base
– Contact winner(s)
– Share winner announcement on the social networks
– Post winner announcement on your blog
– Send winner announcement email to your subscriber base
– Send prize to winner
During the entire promotion period, continuous community management is key. Be sure to login to your social media accounts at least two or three times a day to engage and respond to participants’ comments and questions.
It is appropriate for you to re-tweet/share others’ posts about your running promotion in order to keep the promotion details fresh in your newsfeeds. If you are running ads, login daily to verify that you are satisfied with their performance. If not, tweak as needed.
Updated by Ashleigh Anderson June 2022.