Brand Marketers Gather in Boston to Shape the Future of Local Commerce at the Largest Aligned Conference Ever
The only event for retail marketers hits its fourth year as more brands gather to shape the future of local commerce, advertising and digital marketing
BOSTON, September 21, 2017 – Promoboxx, the only brand-to-retailer commerce platform, today announced record attendance at its fourth annual Aligned Conference, held this week from September 20-22, 2017. At this year’s event, over 150 digital trade and retail marketers have come together at the Aloft Seaport Hotel in Boston, MA to share marketing strategies that empower their local retailers.
This year’s theme at Aligned is “Back to the Start: Why Your Independent Retail Channel Matters.” In a year marked with headlines about big box store closures, the #AmazonWholeFoods merger, and eCommerce brands establishing a physical presence, the Aligned Conference is more important than ever in helping national manufacturing brands support local retailers through powerful and effective digital marketing and local commerce strategies. At Aligned, attendees will discover content and real-world case studies to help them sell through their retailers and connect with local shoppers in a way that increases brand loyalty and sales.
“Promoboxx is proud to sponsor Aligned, a conference that brings together the most innovative and passionate brand marketing leaders to focus on connecting brand and retailer success,” says Evan Brett, VP of Marketing at Promoboxx. “Recent headlines about big box store closures and eCommerce mergers tell us that local retail is more important than ever to national brands’ strategy. Even this week, the Massachusetts State Senate announced a new task force to help local retailers become more competitive. We are thrilled to bring together these brands to help shape the future of retail marketing and build lasting connections with consumers who have limitless options.”
Highlights at Aligned 2017 include:
- The Aligned Awards, which honor innovative and inspiring brand campaigns in “Best Inspirational,” “Best Product Launch,” and “Best Overall” categories
- The 2017 Local Business of the Year Award, which recognizes a small business for its outstanding contribution to its local community
- Conference keynote, “The Future of Local Commerce is Person to Person,” highlighting how consumers, not businesses, own the buyer journey in today’s retail marketplace.
An impressive range of industries will be represented at this year’s Aligned Conference, with attendees from outdoor, footwear, auto, appliance, flooring, animal nutrition, and hearing aid industries. Brands attending include Arc’teryx, ASICS, ASSOS, Canidae, Cargill, GE Appliances, Mohawk Flooring, Smartwool, The North Face, and Trek Bikes.
This year’s speakers include :
- Sheldon Bailey, Consumer Business Manager at ADM Animal Nutrition
- Marilyn Barefoot, Founder at Barefoot Brainstorming
- Erica Bovard, Senior Field Marketing Manager at GE Appliances
- Joe Bracken, VP of Product at Promoboxx
- Todd Callaway, Director of Digital Content at Shaw Floors
- Shelley Kanther, Digital Marketing Consultant at New England Appliance and Electronics Group
- Josie Norris, Communications and Grant Program Manager at The Conservation Alliance
To learn more about the Aligned Conference and see the full agenda, visit www.alignedcon.com. To follow along the event on social media, look at #AlignedCon on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Promoboxx is the only brand-to-retailer commerce platform that connects and aligns national manufacturing brands with independent, speciality retailers to increase local awareness and sales. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Promoboxx partners with leading brands, including Nissan, GE Appliances, New Balance, and The North Face, to transform the way retailers and brands market together at a local level. For more information, visit www.promoboxx.com or call +1 (800) 380-7502 x3
Promoboxx Media Contact: