Do you have experience helping independent retailers become better business people? If you have a passion for local retail plus a marketing/sales background, we’re looking for you!
Company Overview: Promoboxx, a Digital Retail Marketing Platform, enables brands to increase local awareness by making their independent retailers better marketers.
Position Overview: The Retail Engagement Director will be responsible for building a world-class marketing and sales team that addresses and assesses retailer needs with the main goal of increasing overall platform usage. The Retail Engagement Director will lead efforts in creating and executing strategies that scale a marketing/sales hybrid outreach team that helps hundreds of thousands of small, independent businesses. Success will require the alignment of internal and external resources to improve the overall retailer experience.
The Retail Engagement Director will also be required to build programs that expand retailer accounts from a marketing and advertising perspective, while keeping a pulse on overall SMB industry insights, competitive threats and opportunities as it pertains to Promoboxx.
- Building lifecycle marketing programs that increase retailer engagement
- Creating and communicating features that drive consumer reach
- Identifying additional partnerships that increase retailer happiness
- Scaling an Engagement Team Call Center supporting hundreds of thousands of users
- Supporting Brand Account Managers to assist in brand client retention and expansion
- Working with Promoboxx sales teams to help convert potential deals to new business
- 8+ years experience working with independent retailers
- A background in advertising, design or marketing and sales
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A persuasive, confident and creative approach to projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities (this position will have a direct report)
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- 2+ years experience working in a startup environment with a strong work ethic
- Experience collaborating with UX and Engineering teams
- Demonstrated core belief in brands and their independent retailers
This is an office-based role. The Retail Engagement Director will sometimes spend time in meetings and briefings with key brand clients in order to discover best ways to support the brand’s independent retail networks. The Retail Engagement Director is responsible for visiting key clients on-site at an average of two visits per client per quarter. Additional travel will be required to lead retail-network presentations, conduct user education and finalize program planning. Although work commitments will tend to be standard office hours, deadlines or the demands of a client may see you working early or late to ensure continued success.
Promoboxx is located in the South End of Boston at 500 Harrison Ave. We offer competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K plan, stock, Inteligent.ly courses, and more. Contact us at careers@promoboxxdotcom with your resume and let us know why you might be a great fit!