We are very excited to announce that McLain Cycle & Fitness of Traverse City and Cadillac, Michigan has been chosen as the winner of our 2017 Local Business of the Year award, recognizing their focus on giving back to the community.
Sharing Retailer Stories and Success
The Promoboxx team connects with local retailers on a daily basis about their digital marketing efforts. During these conversations, retailers often share their business’ history, successes, challenges, and everything in-between. While we highlight some of these stories and insights via our ‘Small Biz Spotlight’ interview series, the Local Business of the Year award presents our outstanding retailers with a larger opportunity for recognition.
Earlier this summer, we sent out an email to retailers across industries who use the Promoboxx platform and asked them one open-ended question: “What makes your business special?”
A panel of Promoboxx retail support experts selected three finalists for this award: The Gray Mill, LaFontaine Automotive Group, and McLain Cycle & Fitness. This year’s winner, McLain Cycle & Fitness, received the most votes through online voting open to the public, including attendees at the Aligned Conference.
McLain Cycle & Fitness: “We Are Nothing Without Our Community”
McLain Cycle & Fitness is an independent, cycling retailer that has been a pillar of community involvement across Traverse City and Cadillac, Michigan for almost 40 years. McLain Cycle & Fitness gives many local children the opportunity to ride a bike through their involvement in a variety of programs, including:
- A children’s bicycle trade up program through McLain locations, where parents can put the cost of their initial bicycle purchase towards the child’s next bike.
- A donation program that gives outgrown bicycles from the children’s bike trade-up program to non-profit organizations, with an average of $20,000 worth of bikes donated every year.
- A partnership with local non-profit Norte Youth Cycling to provide children with free access to bicycles and teach them how to ride bikes.
- A reading incentivizing program in local schools to reward children who meet reading goals with a free bicycle from their kids bike trade up program .
- Sponsorship and support for many local bike races, tours, and community bike rides.
McLain Cycle & Fitness puts their community first, and Promoboxx is proud to award them the 2017 Local Business of the Year.
“We are so proud of our staff and our awesome community that makes this whole program come together and be a success,” said Kris McLain co-owner of McLain Cycle & Fitness. “We also want to thank Promoboxx. You have helped us elevate our digital marketing quickly and easily, and you make us look good!”
To learn more about the 2017 Local Business of the Year winner and finalists, check out our blog post.